Road Tax Maharashtra
Maharashtra has become one of India’s biggest cities due to its increasing population. This also means that Maharashtra’s roadways have a large amount of automobiles on them. The payment of road tax is essential since it goes toward the improvement of roads. In this article, we will talk about Maharashtra road tax for car and […] The post Road Tax Maharashtra appeared first on Itzeazy.
Maharashtra has become one of India’s biggest cities due to its increasing population. This also means that Maharashtra’s roadways have a large amount of automobiles on them. The payment of road tax is essential since it goes toward the improvement of roads. In this article, we will talk about Maharashtra road tax for car and other vehicles. Let’s begin with Road tax Maharashtra.
Road Tax Maharashtra
The number of vehicles in cities like Mumbai and Nagpur is rapidly increasing. In Maharashtra, the cost of a new vehicle is calculated by adding a lifetime road tax to the dealership price, with the road tax going toward improving the state’s roads and infrastructure. Maharashtra’s current road tax is governed by the state’s Motor Vehicles Taxation Act of 1988. (latest amendment of 2001). Before diving into the topic of Maharashtra road tax for car and other vehicles, let’s take a look into Maharashtra Road Tax Payement Deadline.
Professional Maharashtra Road Tax Payment Deadline
Professional Maharashtra Road Tax Payement deadlines shall be determined by the date of enrolment.
For the payment of Professional Road tax Maharashtra, the following deadlines will apply: Date of enrolment The due date for payment of Professional Tax If an entity enrols before the start of the year, on or before May 31st The payment deadline is June 30th. If an entity enrols after the first of the year, but before May 31st Payment must be received within 30 days after the enrolment date.
Road tax for Pvt. cars & bikes
Sr. No. Vehicle Type Type of ownership Cost of Vehicles /
Cubic Capacity One Time Tax (% percent of Cost) 1 Motor Cycle and Tricycles Individual Upto 99 cc 10 100 cc to 299 cc 11 Above 300 cc 12 Other than individual / Imported Upto 99 cc 20 100 cc to 299 cc 20 Upto 99 cc 20 2 Motor Cars (Petrol) Maximum Amount of Tax is Rs.20 lakhs Individual UP TO 10 lakhs 11 10 TO 20 lakhs 12 ABOVE 20 lakhs 13 Other than individual. UP TO 10 lakhs 20 10 TO 20 lakhs 20 ABOVE 20 lakhs 20 IMPORTED UP TO 10 lakhs 20 10 TO 20 lakhs 20 ABOVE 20 lakhs 20 3 Motor Cars (Diesel) Maximum Amount of Tax is Rs.20 lakhs Individual UP TO 10 lakhs 13 10 TO 20 lakhs 14 ABOVE 20 lakhs 15 Other than individual UP TO 10 lakhs 20 10 TO 20 lakhs 20 ABOVE 20 lakhs 20 IMPORTED UP TO 10 lakhs 20 10 TO 20 lakhs 20 ABOVE 20 lakhs 20 4 Motor Cars (CNG/LPG) Individual UP TO 10 lakhs 7 10 TO 20 lakhs 8 ABOVE 20 lakhs 9 Other than Individual UP TO 10 lakhs 14 10 TO 20 lakhs 16 ABOVE 20 lakhs 18 IMPORTED UP TO 10 lakhs 14 10 TO 20 lakhs 16 ABOVE 20 lakhs 18
Vehicle Classification Taxes:
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 (2001) contains specific schedules that detail the taxation amounts for various vehicle types. The Maharashtra road tax for car and other vehicles taxes schedules as amended by the 2001 amendment are listed below.
- Road tax Maharashtra applied for goods vehicles
- Road tax Maharashtra on Contract carriage vehicles that operate on a day-to-day basis,(like auto rickshaws, taxis and/or cabs)
Drunk And Drive Limit
Traffic Fine Online Checking
Traffic violation check by vehicle number Vehicle type Tax per seat per year (in INR) Air- conditioned taxi 130 Tourist taxi 200 Non A/C of Indian make 250 A/C of Indian make 300 Foreign make 400
- Motor vehicles that ply for hire and deal with everyday passengers.The annual road tax Maharashtra for such vehicles is INR 71.
- Vehicles that operate as contract carriages for passengers on interstate routes
- Vehicles that ply on interstate routes. The schedule of taxes are mentioned as below –
- Special permit vehicles as per the Central Motor Vehicles Act.
- Private service vehicles that are meant to cater to personal uses
- This schedule deals with towing vehicles used for support and service, and the Maharashtra road tax for car or other vehicles might be INR 330 per year.
- Vehicles fitted with equipment meant for special purposes, like cranes, compressors, earthmovers and the like.
- Vehicles like non-transport ambulances, vehicles with temporary location in the state or with seating capacity more than 12.
- Maharashtra road tax for car or the other vehicles used for the transport of goods other than those for agricultural purposes.
- Vehicles used for agricultural purposes only. For weights of 4500 kilos and beyond, the tax could range from INR 1500 to INR 3000 per year.
The one-time road tax Maharashtra is 7% of the cost of the vehicle (cost of the vehicle = Actual Cost of vehicle + Central Excise + Sales Tax) for all types of two-wheelers and three-wheelers that are motorised and/or have an accompanying carriage.
Similarly, an individual owner of a car, a jeep, or an omnibus will pay a 7% portion of the vehicle’s cost, as indicated above. The Maharashtra road tax for car or other vehicles rate increases to 14 per cent per year if the car is imported or owned by a firm.
You saw the road tax Maharashtra on the different vehicle, now we will discuss how to pay Maharashtra road tax for car and other vehicles.
How to pay Road Tax Maharashtra?
Vehicle owners who wish to pay road tax Maharashtra can do so by going to the city’s Regional Transport Office or the office that handles their vehicle’s licence and registration. They will be required to complete various documents and pay the required road tax, with the RTO sending an acknowledgement.
Maharashtra Learners License
Maharashtra License Renewal
The post Road Tax Maharashtra appeared first on Itzeazy.