Birth Certificate West Bengal
A birth certificate West Bengal is a special document that is issued by the state government as per the place of birth of the child in India. This document is crucial because it proves the person’s nationality and required in various important situations in life.In this blog, you will get to know everything about how […] The post Birth Certificate West Bengal appeared first on Itzeazy.
A birth certificate West Bengal is a special document that is issued by the state government as per the place of birth of the child in India. This document is crucial because it proves the person’s nationality and required in various important situations in life.In this blog, you will get to know everything about how to apply for online birth certificate West Bengal as well as birth certificate download West Bengal and the documents required, etc.
Birth Certificate West Bengal
Just like any other state in India, the citizens of West Bengal are obligated to register the birth of their child as soon as possible and the government of West Bengal issues a valid birth registration certificate. Now following traditional offline application is a very time taking process rather you can apply online birth certificate West Bengal and download it online by yourself.
Documents for Birth Certificate Online West Bengal
Whether you want to apply birth certificate West Bengal online or offline, you will need the following documents:
- The hospital or nursing home issues a Discharge Certificate for the child’s birth.
- Identity proof of the child’s mother and father (anyone among voter ID card, aadhar card, ration card, etc.)
- Address proof of the child’s parents (optional)
- Marriage certificate of the child’s parents (optional)
Marriage registration WB
Birth certificate online download
Marriage certificate download
According to the “Registration of Births Act” of 1969, a citizen can get the birth certificate West Bengal of their child from-
- Medical officer of the government hospital in which they were delivered within 21 days.
- The chief of the private hospital within a year.
- if the child was delivered at home, but the head of the family must report everything to the concerned healthcare unit of the ward/municipality.
How to apply for online Birth Certificate West Bengal?
The government of West Bengal recently launched a new web portal called janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in. This Civil Registration System (CRS) website enables people to easily apply for a birth registration certificate from practically anywhere.
So if you want to apply for a birth registration certificate for your child online in West Bengal, follow the steps listed below very carefully:
- First, you have to visit the official web portal of the West Bengal government’s civil registration system if you want to apply for a birth registration certificate online.
- Then, you have to click on “Citizen Services” present on the top portion of the menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you have to click on “Birth” and then “Apply for New Registration”.
- After that, you will have to enter your working mobile number and then click “Get OTP”. This is verification for the online application for a birth certificate.
- Now enter the OTP once you get it on your mobile and click the “Submit OTP” button.
- Once the birth registration form opens up, you have to enter all the requested information about the child, like his/her place of birth, address, information about parents, and other details.
- Then you have to upload the discharge certificate received from the hospital/nursing home.
- After you fill up and upload all the details, check for mistakes carefully and rectify them.
- If everything seems correct, submit the form.
- You will receive an acknowledgment number after your application gets submitted. This is an online process to apply birth certificate for your child.
Birth certificate download West Bengal
There is no need to visit the registration office of your municipality to check the status of your Birth Certificate registration and download birth certificate West Bengal. You can now follow online process for birth certificate download West Bengal to obtain it hassle freely.
Similar to the application process, you must visit the official web portal janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in for the birth registration certificate download West Bengal. Alternatively, you can also visit the website edistrict to check the status of your application.
Before proceeding to download the birth certificate in West Bengal, it is essential to ensure that you have successfully completed the online application process. Upon successful completion, you will receive a unique acknowledgment number. The number enables you to check the status of your application, including whether it has been processed or completed. Based on the status, you will be able to download the birth certificate West Bengal once it is ready.
Given below are the steps for Birth Certificate Download West Bengal for your easy reference:
- First, visit the official website or the new official web portal and log in to the portal using your registration details. This is the first step for birth certificate download West Bengal online.
- After opening the portal, navigate to the main menu and choose “Citizen Services”.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Birth Certificate” option.
- A new webpage will open mentioning your status of the application.
- If your birth certificate is ready, you can simply click on the download button for birth certificate download West Bengal .
Offline apply for Birth Certificate West Bengal
- People who prefer to apply for a birth certificate offline can either visit the hospital or nursing home where the child was born or go to the office of that particular Nagar Nigam.
- One downside of this offline technique is the person then has to visit these centers regularly as the traditional working procedure of these government offices is very time-consuming. Where online process to apply and for birth certificate download West Bengal is very easy and fast.
How to check online Birth Certificate West Bengal status?
Visit Janma Mrityu Thatya wesbite and log in. Then enter your acknowledgment number or registration details,it displays the status of your application in real-time. If you go through the step-by-step process, you first complete the online application process for your child’s birth certificate. Once you obtain the acknowledgment number, you can go for the birth certificate download West Bengal.
Birth Certificate West Bengal Fees
First copy of birth certificate is free, if a person register within a year after the birth of the child.
But, you have to pay INR 100 for every extra copy of the document.
To apply for a birth certificate in West Bengal, you will need the identity proofs of both the father and mother of the child, along with the hospital/nursing home discharge certificate.
You have to go to the West Bengal government's civil registration system web portal: janma-mrityutathya.wb.gov.in to apply for a birth certificate online in West Bengal.
Yes, you can change your name on your birth certificate West Bengal. However, the process of doing so might seem a little difficult and time-consuming.
The post Birth Certificate West Bengal appeared first on Itzeazy.