LMV full form in Driving License
While applying for driving licence, you come across category “LMV “. LMV full form is Light motor vehicle. In this article we will talk about how you can apply for LMV driving licence, What does LMV in driving licence means etc. If you want to apply for LMV driving licence and need help , Itzeazy […] The post LMV full form in Driving License appeared first on Itzeazy.
While applying for driving licence, you come across category “LMV “. LMV full form is Light motor vehicle. In this article we will talk about how you can apply for LMV driving licence, What does LMV in driving licence means etc.
If you want to apply for LMV driving licence and need help , Itzeazy is India’s no.1 service provider. It provides hassle free door step service.
LMV full form
Light Motor Vehicle List
You might be wondering what are the different types of light motor vehicles. To help you, here is light motor vehicle list :
- Adapted vehicle
- E- cart
- LMV Category L5M: Means a L5M category-Passenger carrier (Auto rickshaw) and Gross vehicle Weight is equal to 1500 kilograms.
- LMV Category L5N: Means a motorcycle other than Category L1.
- LMV Category M1: Means a motor vehicle used for the carriage of passengers, comprising not more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat.
- LMV Category M2: Means a motor vehicle used for the carriage of passengers, comprising nine or more seats in addition to the driver’s seat and having a maximum Gross Vehicle Weight not exceeding 5 tons.
- LMV Category M3: Means a motor vehicle used for the carriage passengers, comprising nine or more seats in addition to the driver’s seat and having a maximum Gross Vehicle Weight exceeding 5 tons.
- LMV Category N1: Means a motor vehicles used for carriage of goods and having a Gross vehicle Weight not exceeding 3.5 tons.
- LMV Category N2: Means a motor vehicles used for carriage of goods and having a Gross vehicle Weight exceeding 3.5 tons but not exceeding 12 tons.
- Category M: Means a motor vehicle with at least four wheels used for the carrying passengers.
- Category N: Means motor vehicles having at least four wheels used for the carrying goods which may also carry persons in addition to the goods subject to conditions.
Types of Driving Licence in India
Minimum age for driving licence in India
MCWG in Driving License
Eligibility criteria for LMV licence
The minimum age to apply for LMV driving licence is 18 years.
He/She must be familiar with traffic laws and regulations, as well as have a legitimate proof of age and residency.
Documents required for LMV driving licence
- Current address proof (lease/rental agreement, passport, ration card, or utility bill)
- Date of birth proof
- Two passport size photographs
- Form No. 1 i.e. self declaration of physical fitness
Driving Test Procedure
As a driver, you will be evaluated on the following abilities:
- Parallel Parking Ability (alongside a kerb).
- Ability to drive forward on a road with a ‘8’ form.
- Ability to drive forward on a road with a steep incline. Without moving backwards, the candidate should be able to do so.
- On a ‘S’ shaped road, the ability to drive backwards is required
Procedure to apply for LMV DL
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for a driver’s licence online:
- Visit Sarathi’s official website . Select ‘New Driving License,’ from the ‘Sarathi Services,’ menu. Read the information and fill out the form.
- Fill out the form and submit it according to the instructions. Make a note of the form application number before submitting it.
- Following submission, you will receive an SMS indicating the progress of your application for a driver’s licence.
- Under the ‘Online Transaction with Sarathi’ section, click on ‘Appointment for LL test’ to schedule your learner’s licence test.
- You can arrange your LL test using the ‘Appointment for LL test’ option.
- You must bring the relevant documentation, such as proof of age and proof of domicile, before the test.
LMV license offline
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for a LMV licence offline:
- Get the application form for a motor vehicle driving licence in India (Form 1 for a Learner License and Form 4 for a Permanent License). You can receive the form from your local RTO office or download it from the state transportation website.
- Fill out the form and submit it to your local RTO office, along with evidence of age and address. Request that the RTO arrange your driver’s licence test and pay the associated fees.
- On the specified date and time, go to the driving licence test centre. Your driver’s licence will be mailed to your registered address once you have passed the test.
- If you’re taking driving lessons from a driving school, the school’s staff can assist you in obtaining your licence.
No, you need to have Motorcycle with Gear (MCWG) driving licence for riding Bike or for without gear bike like Scooty, you can ride with MCWOG.
LMV-TR means Light Motor vehicle for transport category. it includes transport LMV used for commercial purposes like Jeeps, Vans, Goods Pick up etc
LMV driving licence is valid for 20 years till driver attains 40 year of age , then after DL renewals validity will be 10 years and subsequently 5 years.
You can book order online. For any query or concern please speak to one of our relationship manager over phone or chat. You can also write to us. We will get back to you.
The post LMV full form in Driving License appeared first on Itzeazy.